Sunday, April 26, 2009

Welcome Home Parker Mitchell!!

We are pleased to announce the arrival of our newest addition . . . Parker Mitchell Boyd!!!! He was born April 20, 2009 at 10:00 p.m. weighing 7 lbs, 15 oz. and was 20 1/2 inches long. He came two weeks early, which was such a blessing for me :) We are just so excited about this precious little boy and know God has truly blessed us again!

Austin is still not real certain about his new little brother. I am pretty sure he was thinking we were going to leave Parker at the hospital and was not too thrilled when we brought him home. In fact, for the first week, Austin wouldn't talk to or look at anyone holding Parker. But, he has given Parker his pacifier a few times and has helped us feed him by holding his bottle, so I hope we are making progress. All in all, we are so happy to be home with everyone doing well!! I'm working on a photo-story, so more pictures to come!

Here are some pictures of his nursery and Austin's big boy bed. We transitioned Austin to his new bed a few months ago and he's doing great.



Since we've been so busy and I've been so pregnant, I have not posted pictures from Austin's birthday. He turned 2 on April 18. We took him back to Disney a few weeks before his actual birthday and had a blast. I was really too pregnant to go, but did anyway and we ended up renting a motorized scooter for me to ride around in, which became my best friend! We started with breakfast with the characters and then went over to MGM to play for the rest of the day. Austin saw Lightning McQueen (his favorite) & Mater, Tigger & Pooh, Mike & Sully . . . but was very nervous when they got too close.

It was a great day. I just can't believe my little buddy is already 2.









What a nerd.


Happy Birthday to my precious boy!


To top off all these birthday celebrations, Scott turned 30 on April 22 (I know, he's old!), so now we have 3 birthdays within 5 days!!! All my April boys!

April has been a month full of wonderful blessings. I am really looking forward to all the time I get to spend at home with Parker and Austin. Should be a great summer!

post signature

8 comments:

anna and geoffrey said...

Are you sure that first picture isn't Austin!? Gosh they look alike! LOVE the nursery and Austin's bed is so cute!

Julie said...

What a cool bed Austin has!!! I love it.

Heather Rowell said...

beautiful!! I love these April Birthday boys!

Stacey Schwartz said...

Gosh Michelle- you & Scott make beautiful babies!! Parker is precious, just like Austin. Many congrats (and I think thats so crazy that all the men in your life have bday's 2 days apart from each other!!!)

kapeck said...

Love the rooms! Congrats on the newest addition!

Sheree said...

Hey Michelle and Scott! Long time no see. Your boys are so handsome. What a beautiful family. We're having our first baby (girl) in August and can't wait. I just might have to create a blog too. :)

The Boyd Family said...

congrats sheree!!! Please send us pictures when you have your little girl and congrats!!! Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful family. My how time has flown, so so happy for you and Scott! I really miss you guys. Love, April